Public Liability Insurance for Music Teachers Just £49

PLI for Teaching Music

PLI for Music TeachersAs a member of the Alliance of Musicians & Performers (AMPband) our Public Liability Insurance will cover you for teaching music too.

As long as you are normally resident in the UK, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and your annual income (from insured activities) is under £85,000 then you will receive £10million PLI cover provided by Covea Insurance plc.

What Is Covered?
Cover is provided for an insured members' legal liability to pay compensation (including costs) following:

  • What Is Covered?

    Cover is provided for an insured members' legal liability to pay compensation (including costs) following:
    • accidental Injury to any person
    • accidental loss of or damage to property
    happening during the Period of Insurance and arising in connection with an Insured Business Activity.
  • What Is Not Covered?

    This section of the policy does not provide any cover for claims arising out of
    • any injury sustained by any musician or crew member who forms part of an insured member or any employee of an insured
    member or person working under the direct supervision or control of an insured member
    • arising from the erection of any temporary grandstands by any insured member
    • the first £500 of any claim arising out of damage to property
    • the first £2,500 of any claim originating or brought in a court of law in the USA or Canada
    • actual or alleged physical, sexual or emotional abuse
    • damage to property belonging to the insured member or under their care, custody or control
    • the use of applied heat, fire or pyrotechnics on third party premises other than the use of Flash Paper, Flash Cotton or Flash
    • any deliberate acts of the insured member
    • any liability assumed by the insured member under a contract, unless cover would have existed in the absence of the
    • the ownership or use of any motor vehicle, watercraft or aircraft
    • punitive damages of any kind
    • the recall, repair or replacement of any product
    Other exclusions apply, please refer to the Policy Document for details.

You can register to join us as a Music Teacher here. Membership & PLI cover costs £49 for a year and is immediate after payment. A summary of the PLI cover and exclusions is provided here.

If you also play in a band then you can register here instead. The PLI covers "The teaching, practicing or the performing of music".

We are also a recognised body for requesting DBS (formerly CRB) checks for members who teach music. More information is provided here.

Health & Safety Advice

Back to 'Ask Dave'