Public Liability Insurance for Musicians

PLI for Musicians and Music Groups

Do bands need PLIIf you are a musician and you're looking for public liability Insurance to cover you whilst performing, rehearsing or teaching then it's quick and easy to register as a member of AMPband. You'll automatically get £10 million PLI cover for your musician activities.

What is Public Liability Insurance (PLI)?

It covers any claims made against you from injuries sustained by guests and staff (such as tripping over a music stand or instrument). It also covers you if you cause damage to the venue where you are performing.

AMPband pricing is very simple.
As a solo musician it's just £49 for a year,
If you play as part of a duo it's just £49 for a year,
If you're part of a trio of musicians it's £59 for a year.
For a group with:
4 or 5 members it's £69 per year
6 to 10 members is £79 per year
11 to 16 members is £89 per year
Thereafter, each extra member costs an additional £5. For example, a group of 20 musicians is £109 per year.

If you are not sure whether our membership (which includes the PLI) is right for your activities as a musician, give us a call on 0333 577 2247 (Calls charged at normal landline rate and included in applicable call/bundle packages). Alternatively, send us an email to request a call back.

£10 million Public Liability Insurance cover is activated immediately after payment as is the PLI Certificate which will bear the name of the person who registered and the name of the band or musical group.

Health & Safety Advice  |  Back to 'Ask Dave'