Terms of Membership for AMPband ...
- Membership runs for 12 months from date of joining and is open to all pro, semi-pro and amateur singers, duos, trios, bands and tribute acts residing in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man* provided annual income (from insured activities) does not exceed £85,000.
- £10,000,000 Public & Product Liability Insurance cover for 12 months is included with membership and is for the named member plus the named act.
- Other members of the named act are required to be listed and these can be amended at any time from within the members login area. If the 'lead person' (whose name appears on the certificate) leaves the named act then we can arrange for the name to be changed to another member of the same named act. The membership & certificate cannot however be transferred to a different band or act.
- A PLI Certificate and supporting documents will be available to you (usually within minutes of joining) which will include your name & address, membership number and dates of cover.
- If membership is withdrawn (see below) you will cease to be covered by the AMPband PLI Policy. Any refund will be at the discretion of AMPband and subject to conditions including access to your full PLI policy documents. An administration fee will also be payable.
- All enquiries received for your chosen area(s) will be automatically forwarded on to you. This will include all contact details for the client - there's no commission or extra fee to pay. Our system is designed to send relevant enquiries directly to your email address however, as the delivery and acceptance of emails are under the control of your email provider, we cannot guarantee your receipt of them. Members are advised to take the steps outlined in the Help & Advice section to help ensure that these messages are delivered to your inbox.
- The PLI Policy Cover and Sums Insured can be read here. (includes links to the Policy Summary & Full Policy Document).
- The members area of this site uses a 'first party, non-persistent session cookie' which will retain your login name during the current visit only. This allows you to access your member pages. If you block this cookie then you will not be able to access any part of the members area. The cookie is removed when you navigate away from the site or log out.
Conditions of Membership:
- Members should carry a copy of their PLI Certificate for production as required.
- Use professional grade equipment which is maintained in a clean and safe condition.
- Take precautions when setting up and operating to reduce any risk of injury and ensure stability of equipment/safe practice to prevent accident/injury to themselves or guests and venue staff.
- Restrict/prevent access to the performance area for guests, venue staff and other non-essential personnel.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and personal integrity towards your clients and their guests at every event, treating them with dignity and respect.
- Provide all clients with a written agreement clearly stating all services to be provided and all charges.
- Assist the client in any reasonable way to ensure the success of the event, including liaison with other service providers at the function.
- Arrive at the venue in good time.
- Dress in an appropriate manner for the event.
- Refrain from making exaggerated, false or misleading claims.
- Exhibit the highest standards of professionalism by maintaining their abilities and striving for continued professional growth.
- Comply with all applicable laws, bye-laws and regulations relating to the event and to the industry.
- Adhere to all current Health and Safety guidelines, regulations & policies, including those of the venue they are performing in.
- Agree not to sell or pass on AMPband enquiries to third parties who are not members of AMPuk, whether for monetary payment or otherwise.
- Only make initial contact with potential clients by their chosen method.
- Treat all potential clients who use our enquiry system with respect and respond to all correspondence in a professional manner.
- Benefits, advice and information is made available to AMPband members on the understanding that it is for the exclusive use of those members and should not be passed to any non-member. This includes (but is not limited to) discount codes, sample forms, contracts and planners.
- Free or discounted member benefits are only valid whilst AMPband membership is current and valid. If your AMPband membership expires then these additional benefits will also expire on the same day and will be withdrawn/removed. In some cases the option is made available for you to pay separately for these additional benefits and, if required, this option should be taken before AMPband membership expires to prevent permanent loss of the benefit. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for any loss or damages that may result from our removal of any benefit or service.
- Personal contact information (name/phone/email) is provided to allow members to make contact with potential clients who are looking for a member to provide entertainment at an event. This information should not be used for any other purpose.
- Individuals should ensure that they meet the criteria of AMPband membership (including the conditions for PLI cover) before applying to join and notify AMPband if those circumstances change.
- Our PLI policy covers the activities of insured
musicians including tours overseas.
It does NOT cover (for example) any organisation of, or the provision of security for, any event, bouncy castles, magicians etc. If you are in any doubt please contact us before joining as failure to meet the stated criteria will invalidate your PLI cover with us.
The requirements of members are:
- To agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- To respect the reputation of AMPuk & fellow members.
- Members should refrain from putting in fake or non-existent enquiries to 'test the system' or for any other reason. This is a waste of other members time and resources.
These terms are subject to amendment at any time. We, at our sole discretion, reserve the right to refuse or cancel any membership for any member with or without explanation. In this event we agree to refund your membership fee either in full or pro-rata. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register or continue to register you for this service.
This is a 'Business to Business' transaction under the distance selling regulations. If you decide to cancel your membership a partial refund (less an admin fee) will only be issued if the PLI Certificate has not been accessed. Renewal subscription prices may be subject to change (with notice).